"Dance Around The World" is a program like no other in existence. Cultural Explosion has presented this program at different venues from corporate events, to school events, to political events. With age groups ranging from pre-school children to Senior Citizens. It brings together 3 key elements that can be adjusted tothe specific audience's needs, wants & maturity level. This program is such a great success due to it's flexibility, it's diversity and it's blend of education, culture, history, dance & audience participation.
1) Dance Performances - The dance performances range from several of the most popular and often most recognizable dances from around the world and some dances which most people haven't heard of or seen. The uniqueness of the dance presentation is that the opportunity to see such diverse dances in one show is practically non-existant. This is why we created the show. The costumes that the dancers wear are typical to the country of origin and the dance style, yet, they are chosen carefully and strategically to be appropriate to the audience. The program can be performed in a school environment, corporate environment, spiritual environment or political environment. In other words, the costumes will be appropriate for any group regardless of age or conservative values. We can show you photos of the costumes before booking the presentation for your convenience.
2) History & Origin of Dances - Besides the entertainment value of the dance performances we strive to have an educational value in all of our presentations. Depending on the audience's maturity level we can go into more detail on the history & origin of each dance. When dealing with very young children we keep it simple and just mention the country & name of each dance. When dealing with a more mature audience we can go into much more detail such as how the danceoriginated, how it evolved and it's present state. Our goal is to both entertain & educate our audiences.
3) Interaction - Every good presentation has audience interaction. It is what we call in show-business "Breaking The Fourth Wall". The fourth wall is the wall between the audience and the actors and/or dancers. We "Break The Fourth Wall" by teaching the audience some dance steps from some of the dances that we'll be performing. Depending on time constraints we can do this for one dance or for several dances. Also, depending on the maturity of the audience we adjust how elaborate the moves that we teach are. Example, for very young children we can teach them some claps and stomps from the Flamenco dance. With a very mature & sophisticated group we can teach them some Waltz. We can even teach dance steps they can do in their own seats if you would like theaudience to stay seated. We have used this technique many times when the organizers did not want the audience to stand up such as with young children or with senior citizens.
You will find that very few programs can succeed in being educational, entertaining, cultural & interactive. This is why "Dance Around The World" is a top choice for presentations at schools, corporations and political functions. We succeed where others fall short.
For bookings and/or more information, feel free to Contact US by clicking HERE Or use the following informatino:
Just to give you an idea we have dances that are performed in conservative outfits that represent:
- India - Bhangra
- Brazil - Capoeira
- Spain - Flamenco
- Italy - Ballet (originated in Italy but further developed in France)
- Mexico - Mexican Hat Dance
- Africa - Agbekor
- Argentina - Tango
- USA - Swing or Lindy Hop
- Austria - Waltz
- Cuba - Guaguanco - Afro-Cuban Dance
- Middle East - Belly Dance
Just to name a few..